Wednesday, June 27, 2012

From Dolls to Rabbits

Here are the answers that Olga Osnach gave to the Chameleon questionnaire. Olga is a recent member of the Vancouver Polymer Clay Guild who with be presenting works in the juried part of the Chameleon 2013 Polymer Clay Show. 
 
When did you first discover that polymer clay is a great art material?

In 2008, some months before moving to Canada. A year earlier I discovered the art of felting and I was interested of making felted dolls. Someone has given me a book with lots of Russian doll makers tutorials. The biggest part of this book was about making dolls of polymer clay. January 2008, I've started the basic doll making course at “Olga Tamoikina and Marina Pribelskaya doll making workshop”. Honestly, the doll making is my great passion. After my first year in Canada I started to find my another capabilities of working with polymer clay. I've read about Katherine Dewey technique of making live-looking animals, and I've tried :) I like to make
rabbits. Not because of a big love to these animals, but because I simply like *to make* them :)

Next to your hands, a knife and a pasta machine what are your favorite tools?

I do not use pasta-machine for my projects. Except knife I use couple homemade tools with different needles, eyelet. But my favorite is the tool a little pike on one side and a curved spatula on the other side.
  
 What is your greatest artistic inspiration?

 Nature! And others success :)

What is the best thing about your current studio space or spaces?

I have a very little space for my work, just dreaming about isolated room for my own studio :) but for the moment I like a big black glass plate on the table.

What is the best time of day to work?

Night :) sometimes I feel to be a vampire because of this my time preference :)

Whose work do you most admire?

Whoa.... There is a lot of great artists!!!!!

Patrizia Cozzo, Ira Deineko, Katheleen Dustin, Jon Anderson – incredible works!!!!! and Marina Bychkova – porcelain dolls...

What other artistic medium do you joy working in?

Watercolors, Oil, fabrics and treads.

Thank you Olga
----------------------------------------


If you are a member of the Vancouver or the VanIsle Polymer Clay guilds and wish to participate in the this show please look at the information in the juried show section of this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment